Osceola County, FL Emergency Rental Assistance Program
Citizens residing in Osceola County, including the cities of Kissimmee and St. Cloud, can apply for COVID-19 Housing Assistance through the county’s website. If any of the following apply to you, you may be eligible for assistance:
You are a resident of Osceola County (including the cities of St. Cloud and Kissimmee).
You have suffered a financial setback as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, including income loss, layoffs, reduced working hours, and furloughs.
Please keep in mind that the Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) program requires that priority be given to individuals and families earning at or below 50 percent of the area median income, as well as individuals and families with one or more household members who have been out of work for at least 90 days in order to qualify for assistance.
What is required is proof of income loss as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The applicant’s or co-license applicant’s driver’s and social security card are required.
In the applicant’s or co-name, applicant’s a current lease or mortgage statement is required.
Get a copy of the W-9 form from your landlord, property manager, or mortgage lender.
ASSISTANCE WITH EVICTION PREVENTION
Eviction assistance is available for residents of Kissimmee and throughout Osceola County who are facing eviction. Do you have a Notice of Eviction filed against you due to non-payment of rent may entitl you to receive housing counseling and assistance.
- Be a legal resident of Osceola County.
- You must have a valid driver’s license or state identification card.
- Have a lease agreement in hand (apartment or house). The property must be used as your primary place of residence.
- Have documentation of COVID hardship (loss of income, laid off, reduced hours, furloughed).
- You’ve been served with an eviction action against you. It is necessary to provide the case number.