About Us

We have compiled a list of websites related to our grantees’ Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) programs in order to assist renters and landlords in locating rental assistance services in their communities.

Each ERA grantee has some discretion in developing their rental assistance program to meet the needs of their local community while adhering to the standards set out in their ERA financial aid agreement, the ERA Act, and the Treasury’s recommendations. These websites may contain resources not sponsored by the Treasury’s ERA grant.


Before applying via the state, check to see whether your city, county, Tribe, or Tribally Designated Housing Entity (TDHE) has a more particular ERA program webpage. States generally encourage renters and landlords to apply to their local ERA program. If you’re in need of assistance with housing bills, you’re not alone.

State and local governments distribute federal rental assistance to residents in their localities. The funds can be used to assist landlords and tenants who are struggling to pay rent and other obligations.

Need Assistance?

Subsidized private housing – HUD assists apartment owners in offering lower rents to low-income residents. Locate an apartment and submit an application straight to the management office.

Public Housing – low-income families, the elderly, and individuals with disabilities have access to inexpensive housing. Contact a public housing agency to apply.

Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8) – locate a place of your own and utilize the voucher to cover all or part of the rent. Contact a public housing agency to apply.

HUD Resource Locator – locate HUD field and regional offices, local public housing authorities, multifamily and public housing locations, and points of entry for the homeless coordinated entry system.

Local Information on Renting

Rental assistance in your state – locate cheap rentals and special needs accommodation, as well as assistance with utility costs.

Tax Credits for Low-Income Housing (LIHTC)

Advertise my rental property – landlords interested in renting to voucher holders can contact their local public housing agency (PHA) to inquire about any existing or future vacancies. The PHA may keep a list of available apartments in the neighborhood. Additionally, the PHA may be aware of commonly used websites or platforms for promoting available rental units in the community. Landlords may also consider stating when they welcome voucher holders in their advertising.