Ocala/Marion County, FL Emergency Rental Assistance Program
To apply, go to www.marion-cap.com and fill out the online application.
• Check your email and click the link in the Step 1 confirmation email to complete the registration process.
• Provide any additional information that may be required.
• In order to complete registration, you must provide your landlord’s and utility information.
• Once you have completed these steps, you will be able to take your place in line.
Application in its entirety
• In the event that you receive an email invitation to submit your Full Application, log into your personal Applicant Portal to access the Full Application.
• Fill out and submit your Complete Application (in its entirety).
• Log into your Applicant Portal to upload verification documents such as identification, income sources, a lease agreement, a utility bill, and so on.
Review of Verification
• Contact your case manager as soon as possible if you receive a phone call, text message, or email from them requesting additional information.
• Continue to check on the status of your application through your application portal as necessary.
Initiation of Grants
• Check your email inbox for an approval notice for your ERA grant.
• Check the details of your grant agreement for accuracy.
• Signing the grant agreement online is required.
Verify that your landlord and utility bills have been paid through your application portal by logging in.
Rent and/or utility assistance may be available to your tenants if you are a Marion County landlord who participates in the CAP Program. Households who have financial obligations that began after March 2020 and who earn at or below 80 percent of the average median income are eligible to receive assistance.
Please encourage any tenants who you believe may be eligible to apply to submit an application. Eligible households may be eligible to receive assistance for financial obligations incurred after March 2020, and they may be eligible to receive up to three months’ worth of rent and utilities in advance of those obligations.
If your tenants are eligible for funding, they will be required to choose a registered landlord who will be the direct recipient of their rent payments if they wish to receive assistance. Our goal is to streamline the application and payment processes by requesting that Marion County landlords complete a brief online registration form. To register as a Landlord, please visit this page.
Individuals and families who meet the qualifications are encouraged to apply. First come, first served consideration will be given to applications that are received by December 30, 2021. Applications will not be accepted after that date.
Download the CAP Flyer by clicking here.