PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT INFORMATION PRIOR TO COMPLETING THIS APPLICATION.
The Hudson County Emergency Rental Assistance 2 Program can aid homes that have fallen behind on rent and/or utility payments as a result of the Coronavirus Pandemic.
To be eligible for assistance through this application, a household must meet the following conditions.
1. Must be a resident of Hudson County, except for Jersey City. Residents of Jersey City must seek assistance from the City of Jersey City. You can access the Jersey City Assistance Program by clicking on the link below.
2. Must demonstrate a direct or indirect connection between the need for rental or utility assistance and the COVID-19 Pandemic.
3. Rent must be current as of March 12th, 2020.
4. Must demonstrate that one or more household members qualified for unemployment or experienced a decrease in household income, incurred significant costs, or encountered other financial troubles as a result of the Coronavirus Pandemic, either directly or indirectly.
5. To qualify for rental assistance, you must have received an eviction summons, a notice to vacate from your landlord, or establish a danger of homelessness or housing instability.
6.Must submit the following documents: a copy of the lease or other proof of residency, proof of income, some form of identification, proof of past due utilities, rent, or eviction notice.
7. Annual Household Income cannot exceed 80% of AMI, with priority given to those earning less than 50% of AMI.
Please do not submit an application if you do not meet these eligibility requirements. Additional resources are included below:
To proceed with the application process, please click the Apply button in the top right corner of the screen. Please note that you will need to create an SM Apply account in order to access the application, which will enable you to track the status of your application and contact you conveniently.
This application should take between 30 and 45 minutes to complete. Please keep in mind that you can save this application at any moment and resume it later.
If you become confused at any point, please read our FAQ, which contains answers to frequently asked questions about the application. To read the FAQ, click here.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact us at 201-395-4799.
Specific Questions for Landlords