Allegheny County, PA Emergency Rental Assistance Program
If you applied to have your utilities paid, we’ll need some further information from you. For further information, see the handbook.
Does Allegheny County Emergency Rental Assistance help people who are in need of temporary housing?
You may be eligible if you are a renter who lives in a home that includes any of the following:
- COVID-19 has affected at least one person who is eligible for unemployment benefits, has lost income, or has suffered financially as a result of the situation.
- At least one individual is at risk of becoming homeless if they do not receive assistance
- Allegheny County, a total income that is less than 80% of the area’s median income
- Household Size of 1 and Gross Income of $47,500
- Household Size of 2 and Gross Income of $54,300
- Household Size of 3 and Gross Income of $61,100
- Household Size of 4 and Gross Income of $67,850
- Household Size of 5 and Gross Income of $73,300
- Household Size of 6 and Gross Income of $78,750
- Household Size of 7 and Gross Income of $84,150
- Household Size of 8 and Gross Income of $89,600
Prior to submitting your application
Gather the documentation necessary to establish your income and residency. While you may submit your application without submitting these papers, this may result in a processing delay.
- Letter of determination of unemployment
- Lease contract
- Bills for utilities
- W2 forms, paystubs, or letters of recognition
- Individual social security numbers for each member of your household
The application procedure
Step 1: The application is available exclusively online. If you are unable to access the online application or require assistance in completing it, call ACTION-Housing at 412-248-0021 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Around the county, drop-in facilities with free WIFI and computers will also be open. Some are equipped with scanners and have staff on hand to assist with technology.
Step 3. Store your login and password in a secure location that only you can access. You’ll need it if you wish to return to the application in order to upload documents, update your contact information, or check the progress of your application. To return to the application, click here.
Step 4. Following the submission of your application, it will proceed through the following five steps:
- Examination of Applications
- Tenant Outreach – If additional information is required, you will be contacted.
- Eligibility Determination – If you meet the eligibility requirements, your application will be accepted. Otherwise, you will receive a formal denial letter from which you may appeal.
- Outreach to Landlords
- Processing of Payments
Step 5. We’ll contact you to discuss the next steps. The individual that approaches you may be from ACTION-Housing, the Greater Pittsburgh Urban League, or the Greater Pittsburgh YWCA. Because we are all collaborating, please return their phone call or respond to their email.