Berks County Emergency Rental Assistance Program
The Berks County Emergency Rental Assistance Program is aimed to maintain residents in their homes during the COVID-19 outbreak by giving rental and utility payments to landlords and utility companies.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the program is for tenants who match the following criteria (conditions 1 or 2, and 3 and 4):
- To be eligible for unemployment benefits in Pennsylvania, you must meet the following criteria:
- Experiencing a 20 percent or more drop in household income, considerable costs, or other financial difficulties;
- Household income of less than 80% of the region’s median income; an
- At the risk of becoming homeless or having their living situation jeopardized
HELP IS AVAILABLE.
For up to 12 months, financial assistance is available for the following expenses. Costs must have been incurred on or after April 1, 2020, to be eligible.
- Rent on a monthly basis
- Utilities up to $750 per month
- Fees for late rent and utility payments
HOW TO APPLY?
No new applications are being accepted at this time.
Please call the Berks Coalition to End Homelessness at (610) 372-7222 if you have any questions about a previously submitted application.
To obtain additional information or to check the status of your application using your case ID number, please visit www.bceh.org.