Lancaster County, PA Emergency Rental Assistance Program
An initiative called the Lancaster County Rental Assistance Program is being developed to give rental and utility assistance to qualified households.
The program will begin on March 8, 2021.
The program will terminate on September 30, 2022, unless it is further extended.
Assistance That Is Eligible
- Those who qualify for help can get up to 12 months of help.
- The payment of existing housing-related debts that could lead to an eligible household being evicted is given top priority.
Households Who Qualify
- Households that lost a job or lost money because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Show that they are at risk of becoming homeless or having problems with their housing.
- Earn less than the Area Median Income, but not more than 80 percent of it (AMI)
Applications will be sorted and filtered regularly to meet the federal and local priorities set out in the Program Guidelines after they are submitted. This is how it works. In order to apply, you don’t have to do it in a first-come, first-served, or lottery-based way.
Applicant Eligibility-Screening and Review of Documents
An applicant can use the same account credentials to log on to www.assistancecheck.com to update contact information, submit required documentation, and check the status of their first submission.
717-590-3101 is the helpline.
The Helpline is there to help applicants, landlords, and utility companies with questions about the program and how to get computer access and help with providing the necessary documentation to show that they are eligible.
Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Computer Access and Application Help
In addition to a dedicated helpline, because the Program is an online computerized platform, there will be places all over the County and City for people who don’t know how to use a computer or who don’t have access to a computer at all.
Applicants can call 2-1-1, the helpline, or go to the location to find out about hours and make an appointment.
To see where you can get help with your computer, click here.