TO BEGIN WITH, A CHECKLIST
- You are a renter, and your name appears on the home lease or rental agreement for which you are currently responsible.
- You are an Omaha resident who lives within the city limits.
- You were born in the United States or came here as a permanent resident.
- Your family’s annual income is equal to or less than 80% of the Omaha metropolitan area’s median household income. Households having an AMI of less than 50% will be given priority.
- At least one household member should be able to provide a written explanation of the negative financial impact that the Covid-19 outbreak has had on the household, either directly or indirectly.
- AND at least one member of the household must show indicators of being homeless or experiencing instability in their current circumstances.
DOCUMENTATION AND INFORMATION REQUIRED
- Completely Signed Lease or Rental Agreement
- Pages with the signer’s name, address, and signature must be provided.
- Address Verification and Identification with a Photo
If the address on your ID does not match the place where you are now living, please provide one of the following documents:
- Utility Billing
- Sent correspondence from a school
- communication from another government agency
NOTE: If one or more members of the household do not bring any money, they will be required to produce picture identification and complete the Income Attestation Document.
The document attesting to housing insecurity Documentation on housing insecurity
Examples of documents include:
- An energy bill that is past due
- Notification of past-due rent
- Eviction notification is often known as a notice to quit or a notice to vacate. An examination of the possible hazards to your living situation
Evidence of COVID-19’s Influence:
- You will be expected to complete a COVID-19 attestation statement as part of the application, detailing how COVID-19 has had a detrimental financial impact on you or someone living in your household.
CHOOSE AN APPLICATION BELOW:
I am a tenant who answered YES to all of the questions and wants to apply for ERAP.
Application for Landlords and Property Owners
I am a landlord or property owner filing an ERAP application on behalf of a renter who answered YES to all questions.
Extra Housing Assistance
Even if I answer no to any of the preceding questions, I can still get help here.