The Camden County, NJ Rental Assistance
Camden County Rental Assistance Program helps low-income residents of Camden and surrounding areas. This includes Chery Hill and borders Philadelphia. The program helps residents in danger of losing their homes or facing eviction due to economic hardship.
Applying for the Camden County RECOVERS Rental Assistance Grant is a great option for those who’ve already tried and failed to win the New Jersey State Rental Assistance Lottery.
Now, thanks to the Camden County Rental Assistance Program, you can get help paying for up to 18 months of rent and utilities that you’ve fallen behind on. Tenants are welcome to submit an application.
- If the total rent due for the next 18 months is less than three months, Camden County will pay the difference.
- Possibility of making direct payments to tenants in specific situations.
- Application processes can now be started by landlords.
- In addition to being accessible from a mobile device, many web-based programs also provide a multilingual translation.
- The ability to view the standing of your application and payments via a central online hub.
- Camden County encourages you to reapply today if you have previously applied and were denied or if you need further assistance.
To participate in the Rental Assistance Program, tenants must meet the following requirements and guidelines:
- Tenants’ incomes cannot exceed 80% of the area’s AMI
- Tenants must be unemployed, have had a significant fall in household income, or have experienced financial hardship due to COVID-19.
- Possesses a significant likelihood of suffering homelessness or housing insecurity (e.g., overdue notices, eviction notices, etc.).
- Landlords must agree to waive late fees and penalties accrued from March 2020 to the present; priority will be given to households earning less than 50% AMI or are currently unemployed; no duplication of funds will be allowed
- Apartments/landlords funded by the State’s tenant assistance program or Section 8 or months paid for by the previous program are ineligible.
- The program will accept applications until all available funds have been granted, at which point it will award participants in receipt order.
Updated Income Requirements
Updated Income limits for 2021:
How to Apply and Other Important Links: