Are you behind on your rent payments in Sioux Falls or elsewhere in Minnehaha County?
Residents of Minnehaha County including Sioux Falls, South Dakota may be eligible for emergency rental assistance including temporary housing and/or utility assistance under the SD CARES Housing Assistance Program (SDCHAP).
If approved for this program, you will incur no debt and will not be required to make repayments. Human Services of Minnehaha County is now accepting applicants for this program.
What is SD CARES Housing Assistance Program (SDCHAP)?
The SD CARES Housing Assistance Program may provide temporary housing and/or utility assistance for South Dakota residents who meet certain eligibility requirements. These include:
- Households with incomes of no more than 80% AMI
- Households that have experienced significant financial hardship.
- Households that can demonstrate a risk of housing instability or homelessness which may include a past due utility or rent notice or eviction notice.
- Households with incomes of no more than 100% AMI
- Household has experienced significant financial hardship due to COVID-19 on or after January 21, 2020. (MUST BE COVID-RELATED).
- Households have to demonstrate a risk of housing instability or homelessness which may include a past-due utility or mortgage notice.
- PLEASE NOTE – This is a one-time refinancing arrangement. If approved, the financing would amount to up to $25,000, provided it was necessary to bring the past-due debt currently. This is a no-interest loan that is due upon the buyer’s or seller’s ability to sell or refinance the property. Prospective borrowers must get in touch with their mortgage lender to find out what options are available to them. If you are a homeowner needing immediate assistance, you should contact your loan servicer to discuss alternative options to prevent foreclosure or a HUD-approved Counseling Agency.
The Human Services Department accepts financial aid applications on a first-come, first-served basis between 7:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please submit an online application before visiting our office by clicking the “Apply for Assistance” button below. Every single adult residing in the same residence must complete a separate application form.
Applicants will have the option of a phone interview or an in-person interview when submitting an application. If you prefer to apply online, creating an account will allow you to save your application and return to it at a later time to upload documents, complete the application, or resubmit.
If you have previously applied for aid at our office and are requesting assistance ONLY for local bus passes, a completed application is not required. If you are applying for the first time, please click the “Apply for Local Bus Passes Only” link below and fill out the brief application prior to your arrival.
If you have problems completing an application due to a visual impairment, please contact Human Services at 605-367-4220. If you require assistance, our office can provide it.